The mid-size REC MS-1610 Series of Hydraulic (Alligator) Metal Shears have a cut force of over 110 tons, a 16” blade and a wide 10” opening to tackle wider scrap metals. But, it’s the unit’s unique ability to power from multiple sources that make it a “must have” shear for serious scrap metal recyclers. Electric, Gas, even Diesel - you have your choice of dedicated power… Or you can have the best of both words with our Dual Motor/Engine powered shear that lets you work inside or out. Plug it in for indoor operation or turn the key and let the engine run for cordless outdoor shearing.
- Foot Pedal Blade Engagement... Automatic single stroke system allows for quick one-off cuts or continuous cycle cutting
- Hydraulic Cylinder powers 16” blade with 110+ tons of cut force to easily cut solid Round Bar up to 2 - 1/4” diameter and Plates up to 16” wide
- Tool-free Adjustable Blade Gate protects blade when not in use and clamps metals for easier, safer cutting
- Powered to Perform… 10-HP Electric Motor (standard), Gas or Diesel-powered Engines and Dual Motor/Engine Combo units are available
- Ideal for Recycling Centers, Scrap yards, Demolition & Construction
|Power (HP/cc is rated by the engine mfg)||10 HP Elec. Motor 230/460/3||337cc Honda® GX340 Gas||442cc Kohler® Diesel||Combo Elec./Gas||Combo Elec./Diesel|
|Blade Opening Tip to Tip||10"|
|Cutting Force||110+ (tons)|
|Maximum Cut Speed, Full Open||11 per minute|
|Maximum Cut Speed, 1- 1/2" Open||63 per minute|
|Unit Dimensions (L x W x H)||60 - 1/2" x 32 - 3/4" x 45 - 1/4"||60 - 1/2” x 38 - 3/4” x 45 - 1/4”|
|Unit Weight DRY (Approximate)||2,000 lbs.||2,200 lbs.|
|Hydraulic Fluid||ISO 46 Hyd. Fluid / 50 Gallon Capacity - Unit Ships Dry. Fill Before Use.|
|Angles||Channels||Flats||I-Beams||Plates||Bar (Maximum Diameter)||T Section|
|3" x 1/2"||4" x 2" x 8 lb.||6" x 3/4"||4" x 1 - 3/4" x 5 lb.||16" x 1/4"||Round: 2 - 1/4" / Square: 1 - 3/4"||3" x 3" x 1/2"|
Crafted with pride in the U.S.A., all MS-1610 Series Hydraulic Metal Shears come with a lifetime guarantee on the main bearing assembly and a one-year parts warranty.
We reserve the right to modify these specifications without notice or liability to previously sold machines.
Pictures Show MS-160 with optional Honda Gas Engine
Call for Price Contact Us for more information